Halar (ECTFE) Rods, Plates & Tubular Bars
Halar® ECTFE, a copolymer of ethylene and chlorotrifluoroethylene, is a semi-crystalline, melt processable, partially fluorinated polymer offering a unique combination of properties. Halar stock shapes are used in a variety of markets including CPI, Aerospace, Semiconductor, Food and Pharmaceutical.
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids and strong bases, up to pH 14
- Excellent barrier properties to oxygen, carbon dioxide, chlorine gas, hydrochloric acid,
- Very good electrical properties,
- Excellent abrasion resistance,
- Broad use temperature range from cryogenic to +150°C (depending on the grade and stresses applied),
- Good weathering resistance,
- Excellent intrinsic fire resistance, UL Class 94 V-0 at .8mm, LOI>52%.
- Low flame spread low smoke generation
- Exceptional surface smoothness,
- Very good impact strength,
- Good mechanical properties
- Valve Seats
- Seals and Gaskets
- Diaphragms, Pumps & Valves
- Piping Systems
- Exhaust Hoods
- Battery Cases
- Components for Wet Process Stations
- Halar ECTFE 902 (Natural) Sheets/Plates:: Thickness: 3/8" to 2" | Size: 24" x 48"
Thickness: 2 1/4" to 4" | Size: 12" x 48"
Rods:: Diameter: 3/8" to 3" | Length: 8ft
Diameter: 3 1/2" to 6" | Length: 4ft
Tubular Bars:: OD – 3" to 6" | Wall Thickness >= 0.75" | Length: 4ft
Please contact us to discuss custom sizes or ECTFE grades/colors not listed above.